I’m Writing On My Walls!

Why? Because I can! I just ordered one of the best products I’ve heard of in recent years – IdeaPaint. You just paint it on , and you can start writing on it. Sweet! I’ll take pictures once I’ve painted my office, but here is a pic for inspiration. Follow them on Twitter @ideapaint and order online at ideapaint.com

Advertisements

15 Comments Add yours

1. Mike Key says:

Oh, the dry erase paint, I thought about buying some of that, but I don’t have a wall to paint. I actually saw the paint product made by Markee which is suppose to be good. Needs a smooth surface though.

1. socialsonya says:

So I was just thinking, how about painting the back of a door, or the top of a desk? Just alternatives to a wall… doesn’t HAVE to be a wall πŸ˜‰

2. socialsonya says:

Shame you don’t have a wall to paint. I was going to buy a few big white boards, but this works out to be cheaper, and I don’t have to hang it on the wall πŸ˜‰ I’ll let you know how it works out! (Oh, and my walls are slightly textured, so this better work!)

3. Sonya:
    That’s my problem – the walls in the rooms in my office are textured. So I’m not sure it’ll do very well. I LOVE the idea. Let me know how it works on your textured walls.
    @parnellk63

4. Mike Key says:

Same problem, my walls are textured. The only spot I could paint, I wouldn’t need a gallon, maybe a quart, if that.

5. socialsonya says:

IdeaPaint lets you buy by the square foot. I bought 50sft worth – my husband may use the rest of it. I’ll see how it goes. I might just end up putting some spackle down to smooth out the wall before I paint it on… I’m the guinea pig I guess πŸ™‚

1. Paulinka says:

So how did the project go on your textured wall? I want to do it on my, but I don’t want to go though spackling it smooth. It has a plaster texture and it would take ages..

Let us know.

6. cara mandart says:

Use idea paint on the ceiling then πŸ™‚

7. bzibee says:

Sounds like a fun idea ! We are getting new office space and I might look in to this.

8. alexboudreau says:

I like the lighting in your office. Must be nice to work there. πŸ™‚

1. socialsonya says:

Well, I wish this was my house.. .unfortunately not 😦 It is an image from the Ideapaint.com website πŸ˜‰
      How are you doing Alex?

1. alexboudreau says:

ahh .. well nice office who’s ever it is! πŸ˜‰
        Doing great, thanks. Just can’t wait to see the sun again … first east-cost winter in 3 years so I forgot how tough Feb. can be. So I’m taking it as an excuse to book a trip in the Caribbeans! πŸ˜‰

2. socialsonya says:

Aahhh – east coast winter. Where do you live? Did you get stuck in the snow storms in the DC area?
        We just moved from DC to VA Beach last year, and am so NOT missing the snow πŸ˜€
        Caribbean? Nice!

3. alexboudreau says:

I live in Montreal, Canada. We actually didn’t get the loads of snow like DC.

9. Dennis E. Wooldridge says:

I’ve used this product. It is great, but…keep the following in mind:
    1. Walls must be FLAT. I sanded mine down like crazy and still have a rough surface. It works but is rough.
    2. The odor is very strong. I had to sleep in a hotel the first night. It was bearable for the next six days (drying time is a week).