Posting this for a friend who is hiring. Great opportunity in Northern Virginia for a cool company – the Public Interest Registry (pir.org), with plenty of fun travel opportunities, and flexibility. Must be in Northern Va .
*Send emails ONLY if you qualify to: email@example.com or leave questions/comments on this post.
Position Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing Communications Manager
Salary Range: $65,000 – $75,000 FT
Location: Reston, VA
Purpose: Drive the business by coordinating all marketing activities for PIR to build awareness, brand image and profitable sales across domains, .ORG and .NGO. The Marketing Coordinator will performs a variety of tasks, works under general supervision, with certain a degree of creativity and latitude.
• Coordinates and implements marketing communication projects with responsibilities that include public relations, special events management, advertising, marketing research coordination, and creating collateral materials, including newsletters and other emails blasts.
• Specific areas of responsibility include:
• social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Linkedin, etc),
• channel programs and communications (esp. registrars),
• sales support including collateral and PowerPoint presentations
• write newsletters (email) and various updates to PIR stakeholders and committees,
• coordinate and manage trade shows, sponsorships, event management, including scheduling staffing for events,
• communicate product positioning and coordinate launch campaigns,
• website (content only) management,
• facilitate/coordinate market research, including competitive analysis,
• coordinate public relations events and meetings
• Manage all activities in support of major PIR customer (registrar) events and sponsorships.
• Liaise with sales channel to continually improve operational support for revenue driving marketing and sales programs
• Provide support for the design, development and implementation of product branding and communications for all products and services.
• Work with the PR agency to integrate positioning and strategy between the two units (marketing and PR).
• Assist in the management of all marketing agencies and other external marketing resources, such as graphic designer and translators.
• Manage/deliver other goals as required by the Management to achieve goals.
Dimensions & Travel:
Marketing spans all of PIR, requiring knowledge of all our major activities.
Travel within the United States and abroad up to 20% of the time
Knowledge and Experience:
Education: BA or equivalent required, preferably in Communications.
Experience: 5 years of experience in technology marketing. Experience in the registry or related business helpful but not required. Social media expertise is critical.
Skills: Must possess the PIR core values: pragmatic, productive, creative, analytical, initiative, thorough, strong oral communications skills, works well with people, persuasive, strategic, integrity, and a sense of humor. Excellent writing, editing and proof reading skills are especially relevant.